My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Monday, July 17, 2006

We have arrived!

We arrived in DC, finally. It's a good thing that we arrived at the Atlanta airport almost 3 hours early because it took 2.5 hours to get to the terminal and board the plane. I opted to do the "quickie" online check in which was far from "quick." Even with printed boarding passes, we had to completely redo the entire scenario because Airtran had somehow crossed our seats from the time I did the online check in to the time we checked our baggage.

Poor Codah was seated in a completely different section of the plane that the rest of the family. After almost 20 minutes of debate about this, DH finally said "just get on the plane; she'll get over it!" Maybe HE thought she should just get over it. But I was far from being "over it" about the fact that nobody seemed to be able/willing to do anything about it, despite that our boarding passes listed us as sitting together. And of all our seats that could have possibly gotten messed up....it has to be Codah's?? ~sigh~

She was pretty brave about it but was obviously fighting the tears. I offered to switch out my seat and hers, to heck with what the airline said; this Momma's temper was starting to hit the boiling point. Then DH had to say three times too many, "Honey! Stop stressing over it....she'll be fine. It's no big deal!"
Me: It's no big deal that the child of the family who is most fearful of new situations, is fearful of plane crashes, the most emotional child we have, is seated 11 rows away from us, by herself, and NOT in the seat that I paid for and confirmed?!? And you see no problem with this?!?

While they were attempting to board passengers, I kept walking back and forth up the aisle "to make sure my baby is ok." But I think what really made the difference was when I told Codah to open up the window shades and watch outside...

"...try not to think about your fears honey, and when you feel the need to vomit, look away from the window. We don't want to dirty up the glass, do we?" Codah tried not to chuckle, and said her "Ohhhhhh Mommmm!" But it wasn't 3 minutes before they were changing my seat with the seat next to her. *LOL*

She did fine. And we arrived in DC without further incident........at least for Saturday.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com