My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Sunday

We spent most of Sunday walking around, taking pictures and looking at all the awesome sights. If you get into architecture, this is the place to be! So many old, unique buildings and so little time! When I have a time to USB the pics from the camera to my laptop, I'll post some of the pictures we've taken.

The weather is incredibly hot and feels so much hotter than our hottest Georgia days, probably because of all the cement around here. There are MANY homeless people, lying on sidewalks, in building entryways, even in the street sometimes. I do believe the homeless population is much higher here than in NYC.

The people here are far less friendly than NYC also. People don't smile, nod, nor even look at each other as they pass on the sidewalks, corners and streets. Even police officers are unfriendly. Katelyn stopped to look at one on a horse, and commented to him "what a beautiful horse" while his horse was drinking from a fountain. He didn't even acknowledge Katelyn was standing there outside of going around her when the horse was finished drinking.

Officers really do have BEAUTIFUL horses around here. But it's very sad that the horses have more beauty and personality than the officers do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com