My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Week 2 with DH at home

As the snow melted, the weather returned to normal, and the kids returned to school, DH became more irritable, impatient, bored and dangerous.

He moved the Xbox to our bedroom and set it up on a TV at the end of our bed. Then after he became bored with the games, he decided that the bedroom looked cluttered. (Gee, I wonder why?!?) So he decided to clean while I was at work.

A little reminder here: DH can build a house from the ground up. He can build elaborately beautiful furniture. He can rebuild his old truck. He's an exceptional cook. He's quite talented.........as long as he doesn't touch the laundry nor "clean" the house!

When I came home that night, my first clue that something wasn't quite right at home was the rug in the entry way. The tassles were gone.
DH: The vacuum cleaner ate them! I don't know why; it's never happened before!
Me: That's probably because the rest of us don't run the vacuum over the tassles on the rug.

The second clue was at the top of the stairs where on the table sat my grandmother's glass bowls, now empty where once was potpourri.
DH: I threw it out because the dog kept bumping into the table and I didn't want him to spill that stuff on the floor.
Me: The vacuum cleaner could have handled that job.

Then I noticed the boxes in the hallway.
Me: What's this?
DH: I was bored today so I cleaned the house! :)
Me: OK, so what's in the boxes?
DH: Stuff that I didn't know where to put. I put it all in boxes until you could go through it and decide where it goes. Can you do that tonight so I can finish up?
(Ok, I'm starting to feel a tinge of irritability at this point.)

The rest of the night is now a blur in my mind! As I walked through the house, I became totally disoriented, no longer able to think clearly nor to be responsible for my own actions!

The stacks of receipts, forms, legal papers, spreadsheets, etc that I had spent the previous weekend preparing to do our taxes that week, that had been neatly stacked in categories next to my desk, were now gone. The wicker basket on the other side of my desk that held my computer supplies like printer cartridges, disks, USBs, cords, etc was now gone. The floors were TOO clean...absolutely NOTHING on the floors. My desk was TOO clean...all my paperwork had vanished. MY dresser top is clean.......TOO clean. Where the heck is my music box? My little lanterns? My wicker basket? The clothes basket in my closet? GEEEZ! Even my Home magazines on my nightstand are missing!!

As he smiled proudly and walked over to the dresser and opened one of my drawers, the only thing that would come out of my mouth as he smiled and TRIED to say "Look what I did" was "OH NO YOU DID NOT!"

Yes he did! He sorted and straightened my socks! No longer are my casual socks on one side and my dress socks on the other. Now they are all mixed together and sorted by color! Where once I had a drawer for bras and a drawer for panties, now there are two drawers of mixed panties and bras....all sorted by color.

And he did MY laundry! And he washed my jackets and sweaters with my blouses and put them in the dryer!!!! Do you know what happens to jackets and sweaters in the dryer!?! And do you know what happens when your husband lets a bra get into the washer with your sweaters? How about when one of those little bra hooks gets caught in a sweater??

But then I glanced over into my craft room. MY room. The only room in the house that is entirely MINE; the room where NOBODY dares to venture without going through ME first. As I growled, he complained, "There's no reason for you to be so upset; I didn't touch a thing in your craft room!" No, he didn't touch a thing. But now I can't either! I can't even get through the door, LITERALLY! He has stacked all the books from the bookcase and all the bags of stuff he cleaned out from his closet inside my craft room so that he could make room for the Xbox, DVD player, games, joysticks/gamesticks, (whatever you call those things) movies, etc that are now in our bedroom at the end of our bed with that danged TV that takes up half of the room! So in other words, our bedroom is now the family room!

And another pet peeve, if I might share yet another vent...he didn't even dust any of this stuff while he was moving it all around! But he's concerned about me going through the boxes he has stacked up and putting stuff away? I'm beginning to understand why some female spiders mate with the males and then eat them! The males get one mating experience and then they're history! Sounds like a plan to me!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

LMAO I can relate to you with EVERYTHING!!! HAHAHA I think that would be an idea too.. have to do some research on Spider I think.. :)

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com