My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Friday, February 29, 2008

TGIF!

What a week! Not only were we busier than heck at work, the girls were both going in opposite directions this week. Codah is at a DPA challenge this weekend, presenting her can tab creations. Katelyn just returned from Skills Vica (healthcare competition); she is headed to the State competition after having placed 2nd in the regional competitions. I'll try to post pictures from all this sometime next week.

The allergist appointment and testing was quite a surprise. The tests showed that I'm extremely allergic to cats, dust and several different molds. And I'm not just talking a "positive" to the skin prick. Those three swelled up in red knots the size of golf balls and itched so bad that they had to give me benadryl. The swelling took over a week to go down. And I still have one red knot left! I'm now on the last week of a 3 week long "medication cocktail" mixture to see if they can get my head cleared up. When that happens, it looks like I'll be getting allergy shots. No wonder my previous allergy pills weren't working! And I thought my only allergies were to codeine, cats and adhesives, with the occasional hayfever type reaction!

Other than that, I'm doing ok....just tired and feeling like I'm always running behind. I'm grounding myself to the house this weekend until I get our taxes done. I usually have those done by mid-February and sit to wait on our CPA to finish our business taxes. This year, the CPA was done by mid-February and I still haven't started our personal taxes. ~sigh~

Tonight, I went on a bread making frenzy. I was going to make a couple of loaves of Amish Friendship bread that was due to be completed tonight. But once I got started, I thought, "Ahhh, what the heck" and just kept going. I figured I might as well get a couple of months made up and in the freezer. So I made some Amish white bread, some whole wheat bread, some white chocolate nut bread and a couple of batches of cinnamon rolls. The down side of all this is that I can't resist the smell of fresh baked warm bread. And I ended up sitting at the table, beading, and eating warm bread smothered in honey butter! Awwwwww, now THAT is REAL comfort food! :) But I'll probably gain back all the weight I've lost if I keep this up! :(

For now, I'll close with a picture of Katelyn with her medal, ribbon and plaque that she won this week. I scrapped this with Teriann Hanks' Valentine Memories kit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com