My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

NYC Mayor Bloomberg

Mayor Bloomberg spoke at a conference meeting I attended Monday. It's interesting to hear how NYC has come to the forefront in homeless programming and services. I especially liked his philosophy on goals: If you're given a 10 yr plan and we're in office for 5 years, then our only choice is to change our activities to fit a 5 year plan and just get it done! I'll comment more on this later.

I met another woman, sitting next to me, from Georgia who must have gotten a surge of "power" from his speech. During the break, she announced that she would be spearheading activities from Georgia and would delegate to the rest of us from our fine State what we would and would not be doing the remainder of the week. I sat there and listened, didn't offer any comments until she turned to me and asked if I had understood her instructions. I paused for a minute and then said, "No, I'm not sure I did; can you please explain again who is to give me my marching orders while I'm here?" I then reached down to my name tag and pulled it out for her and flashed that little "State Delegate Captain" ribbon. She had nothing else to say and excused herself to get a coffee refill. What is it with people who feel the need to be "in control" of every situation, everywhere they go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com