My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Week 3 off work

DH decided that he could replace the kitchen floor with the use of just one arm. Yeah right! I wasn't waiting around to see how that one turned out!
He was already calling around to various Home Depots to find the "eucalyptus finish" that he wanted. (I don't know why he can't get it through his head that I want bamboo in the kitchen) And I wasn't willing to take a chance that he might hurt himself even further and be stuck at home for even longer than he has been over his ribs. (I'm only thinking of his well-being, you know!) So I called the doctor and begged, pleaded and came close to threatening him into allowing DH to return to work. Light duty at work must be safer for him than light duty at home! I was adament with the doctor that DH would be far safer at work than at home; his life would be literally hanging on the line if he was at home for another week.

Tonight, I sit here alone while DH is at work. Notice that I said "alone" and not "lonely"? I'm actually feeling relieved. He's called me a half dozen times to see what we're doing and to tell me how much he misses us, how bored he is on light duty and how he can't wait to get back to his old routine again. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I can't wait either! I'm wondering if he will ever be able to retire? Hmmmm, I'm not thinking that would be in either of our best interests; I might turn into a spider!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com