My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Migraine Update

Well, it's been almost a week and still no definite source for this pain. They've changed my meds another three times. I've had so many meds at this point that I now have a constant ringing in my ears. (I know, I know, watch for ototoxicity! But I don't think that's it since the ringing is 5x louder on my left side. If I'm going toxic, then I'm doing it faster on my painful side!) The CT came back as "head normal." Well, we all know that if the CT says MY head is normal at any given time, then the CT machine is broken! *LOL*

My left cheek is swollen under my left eye, about the size of a ping pong ball. I can't feel any fluid in it and can't determine what in the heck is causing swelling just in that one area? Maybe my sinuses? Maybe a week's worth of pressure and pain in the area?
Who knows?!? The really weird thing about it is that it LOOKS swollen, but doesn't feel swollen. If I run my fingers across it, it doesn't feel tender nor does the area feel tight like edema. It feels like my cheek bone moved and expanded.

Anyways, I'm scheduled to see a neurologist next week to see if he can figure out what's going on. If he finds nothing wrong, then I'm being advised to consider a career change. They feel the stress and hours of my current job have most likely caught up with me. And if that's the case, they warn "It's gonna get worse before it gets better." The thought of either, finding a new job or having a medical challenge, is enough to completely stress me out! And they want me to reduce my stress?!?!

Anybody out there want to share some shop space and sell my scrap designs or paper crafts? Maybe I can work at home for a while?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com