My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Migraine Mystery: solved but not resolved

It has been a somewhat emotional day around here. My OB-GYN referred me to a neurologist. Not just any neurologist, he insisted on this one particular neuro who last I heard wasn't even accepting new patients. But my OB-GYN somehow got me into see him.

My new neurologist ordered an angiogram, that I had done yesterday afternoon. I wondered yesterday if something was wrong. As the dye goes into your system, you can feel it moving throughout your body...a really hot, flushed feeling with a metallic taste and smell. I felt it only on the right side of my body, tasted it on only the left side of my mouth and felt it only on the left side of my head. Then the test was done. I questioned, "Are you sure that dye infused completely?" They assured me it did.
I left thinking, "Wow! That was really bizarre."

This morning, the neurologist called the house and asked to review my schedule with him so that he could get me scheduled with a neuro surgeon next week. Yesterday's test showed an aneurysm on my anterior communicating artery. (the front half of the circular blood vessel, circulating between the two sides of the brain) It has not ruptured, thank God, but is bulging and causing pressure in my head. They need to get it repaired before it ruptures.

Considering I've been walking around and working with this thing for a couple of months, we decided to schedule for Tuesday morning.
I needed some time to tie up some loose ends at home and sit down to discuss with my family before such an event. At this point, we are not sure if I will be a candidate coiling or if they will need to go in and clip it. We'll hopefully know Tuesday. That decision will determine whether I will remain here or need to have my treatment moved to Emory University in Atlanta.

Needless to say, I've been on an emotional roller coaster all day today. Please keep me and my family in your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com