My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Off to see the wizard

Well, not quite the "wizard" but yet another doctor. I have a follup-up with one and an assessment by another this afternoon. I slept better last night once I fell asleep. Maybe I was just exhausted? But I slept from around midnight until 6am without waking up. So I'm feeling "clearer" today.

School has been open for less than a week; and already we have our first casualty. Codah came home yesterday with complaints that her new clarinet, which we just bought last year to replace the one she inherited 5 yrs ago from her older sister, has a chipped mouthpiece. I told her "Awww, it's ok sweetie. We'll get you a new one. It's not like you broke the clarinet. I'm sure we can pick up a mouthpiece inexpensively somewhere."

Geeez, was I ever wrong! We looked online last night, and can't find the one she needs for less than $100! HOLY COW! I'll call the music store down by my office later this morning and see what they want for one.

Katelyn successfully had her schedule changed yesterday...by herself without our help! This is a BIG accomplishment! Katelyn has always, since birth, HATED crowds. So large classrooms with more than 15 or so kids really freak her out. There were 20+ kids in one of her classes. She calmly researched the situation and found that the same class, earlier in the morning had only 10 students in it. So she went to the counselor, explained the situation, and swapped out her afternoon class for an earlier morning class. Then she came home and told us afterwards! No calling us from school in a panic. No self-defeating complaints. I'm so proud of her! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com