My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Migraine Day 27 and Day 1 too?

WOW! This morning I woke up to Day 27 of the Migraine from Hell. I got up and dressed, checked my email, drank a couple of cups of coffee and headed off to yet another appointment. My orthopod had said that I could continue with my chiropractor, who was holding off any heavy-duty chiropractic until the MRI results returned. I walked in this morning with my MRI CD in hand and said "Let's do it...whatever, just get rid of this pain!" He checked my MRI and finally worked on my C1/C2 area. OMG!

First off, I have always been leery of chiropractors. The only reason I went to this one was because I was desperate....too much pain for too long and meds and physicians that couldn't eliminate it. The only reason I returned was for a similar reason; the migraine pain had moved into my left shoulder. He popped and cracked a few places, put me on elect stim, and VOILA, no more shoulder pain! But he wouldn't touch my upper neck without a release from the orthopod. So today was the day.

The messing around he did with the upper neck area wasn't comfortable, but it did seem to increase the range of motion in my neck. He warned me that "This is gonna hurt worse later because the left side of your neck feels like a steel rod." He then did more elect stim and ice/heat to my neck. I left there with NO pain whatsoever in my neck! Again on the way out, he warned me not to get my hopes up too high just yet because I'd be sore and that further treatment would be needed.

About 2pm this afternoon, the headache broke! For the first time in 27 days, I was pain-free! It felt SO GOOD...at least while it lasted. ~sigh~ I had a great 5 hours of relief until about 7pm. Then it came back :( I'm hoping this one doesn't last as long.

So does this remain day 27 of the current migraine or is it day 1 of a new migraine? Or is this just the soreness he warned me about kicking in?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com