My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Journey

I've been scrapbooking "My Journey" with this aneurysm and have decided to share it with y'all here. I've learned a lot over the past few weeks. So over the next few weeks, this site will be dedicated to sharing my experiences with all of you.

Here is my cover page, scrapped using a kit by Creative Victorian. This pic was the "before" version of me, the woman I was before learning of my BAD (Brain Aneurysm Disorder) reality that hit me upside my stubborn, hard head. As this woman, I spent the majority of my days working on a career that I truly loved and enjoyed. I spent my time after work and on weekends with my girls, trying to enjoy every moment I had with them before they grow up and away. I've never wanted a lot out of my life; my main prayer has always been to remain healthy enough to work hard and raise my girls at least through college. I've never wanted to be rich or famous, or to have fancy cars or homes...just my health, my family, the ability and opportunity to work hard and play hard and a decent fishing pole with opportunities each year to give it a good work out. That wasn't too much to ask, was it??



I've scrapped several pics over the past week since getting home from the hospital. Some may be rather graphically ugly to some folks. If so, I'm sorry. But this is the reality of my life right now. And sometimes reality is graphically ugly. It brings us to places we would never choose to be, if given a choice. But being in such places provides us opportunities for growth and new knowledge and empathy for others, and sometimes even new understanding and acceptance of ourselves. And right now, I'm struggling to accept myself as is...less than perfect, human and mortal. This experience has brought out both the best and worst of me, dependent upon which day to which I'm referring and my mood of the day.

Please feel free to join me in My Journey, the journey that began with a headache at work one day and ended up two months later in an emergency major surgery into the middle of my brain, a surgery that will forever change both my life and my outlook on life. Hopefully, I'll be able to share something that may touch someone else's life, or even save a life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

My prayers are with you and your family. I pray for a speedy recovery for you and that even on the less than perfect days, you are able to find happiness. I send lots of hugs to you through this time!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Hi, I left the previous comment, but didnt feel comfortable leaving it at that. I wanted to send you something in your email, but I cant seem to find it on your blog. If you could, please email me at kimsdesigns@yahoo.com. I would like to send you a layout that I made just for you! HUGS!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com