My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Friday, April 11, 2008

I'm still around...

But haven't had time for my blog :( Geez, there is so much to catch up on that I don't even know where to start. If I can ever figure out how to post to this from my Blackberry, I could do this while stuck in traffic or in some of those boring meetings that I am forced to endure. But for now, please be patient with me.

I have some new pics to post and will try to upload them this weekend. Tina Williams has really outdone herself with her latest Faith-based kits. And I've been using them for the girls' latest adventures, along with making desktop calendars and another gift can for a very dear friend who is retiring after 34 years of work in the mental health and developmental disability field.

Around home, I've been quilting. I'm trying like heck to add some color to my living room that is all wood from floors to ceilings to walls. DH decided we just had to have new living room furniture in there and went out and bought a brown leather set. I can't stand the monotony of all that brown in there. So I'm making some colorful quilts to lay over the furniture.

The latest news about the girls....
My oldest moved to a town about an hour north of us. She's doing ok. And the grandkids are growing like weeds. Judah, the youngest, turned a year old last month. And he's the giggliest baby I've ever met. He gets so tickled about everything!

My second oldest is pregnant again. Her husband was back from Iraq only 2 months; and they're having another baby. They're still in Colorado, hoping to get orders back to Georgia this summer.

The middle child is moving back to Georgia next week....or so we hear. She says she has cleaned up her act and is doing better. However, I'm not holding my breath. As much as I want to believe her, I also know that relapse is part of the disease. And she relapses about every 4-6 months, like clockwork. And she's moving back with some former partying friends of hers. So I'm still concerned.

The 17 year old won a regional healthcare competition and is headed to the State competitions later this month. She's been doing a student internship at a local ER and absolutely LOVES it. I thought I was passionate about and fascinated by anatomy and physiology in school. But I swear, this child has me beat, hands down! Talk about an adrenaline junky....she's IT! LOL

The youngest turned 16 last month and has her first boyfriend. No dating yet, but we figure that question is going to come up in the near future. They grow up so daggum fast!!

I'm still working full time and doing ok. The ringing in my ears is worse. But I'm also noticing that it gets worse on days that my allergies are acting up. So I'm thinking somehow the two are linked? I return to my family doc next week and the allergist the following week. I'll see what they have to say about it. I was released this past week from the neuro surgeon. I still see the neurologist at least quarterly until my one year anniversary. I'm halfway there! The hair on the right side of my head has now grown out between one and two inches. It's kind of weird.....patches of it grow at different rates than other patches. And the new hair is coming in with much more gray than the other side of my head and much more than I had before the surgery. ~sigh~ I should probably start buying stock in Ms. Clairol!

DH is doing ok, but still driving me nuts. He still doesn't seem to have gotten over my aneurysm. He's still trying to call me multiple times all day long at work to see if I'm ok and gets rather cranky and edgy when I'm too busy to catch the phone. At home, he wants to be in the same room with me all the time and can't understand why I get so edgy and feel so smothered when he does so. He'd like to go to all my medical appointments with me too. But I've finally worked out a system of scheduling them all, mid-morning, on the days he works. HA!
Of course, he complains and gripes and whines about it every time. But geez, I gotta have some independence or I'm gonna explode and do something ugly! My family doc must understand this because he asks at each appointment, rather slyly, "So I assume your husband is still alive and well?" And I reply each time, "Yes, I don't know why, but I've allowed him to live yet another week." And he always replies, "Good girl. Let me know if the temptation to do otherwise starts to get the best of you. We can get you on some good meds.....or put him on some." LOL

I guess I shouldn't complain. He took really good care of me while I was down. But it's over and done with now; and I want to move on and get back to "normal" IF there even is such a state.
Well, it's past my bedtime and I hear those sheets calling me; so I'm going to go climb into them. I'll update y'all again later! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com