My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

We can't always get what we want....

And that's especially true today!

Back in June, I started a project for a craft get-together I'm attending in August. I've seen all the supplies I needed in various stores all year long. As I got 3/4 of the way finished, I ran out of one of the supplies. Off to the store I went and could not find it. I searched online. I searched in local stores. It was as if every supplier in the US knew I would need it, and ran out and jerked them all off the shelves!

So I scapped the incomplete project and started a new project this month. Got all of it done except for an inexpensive $0.25 box! I just needed 25 of them. Can I find them anywhere? No, not unless I pay $1.79 each for 25. Or I can pay $0.50 each by ordering 100! Now, what in the heck am I going to do with 100 little 1" x 8" boxes?!?

So while I was at Hobby Lobby today, I got a FREE instruction sheet for this really pretty little candleholder/paperweight: http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/pdfprojects/HL-511.pdf

EUREKA! I'll make some of those for August! So off I trotted through the store to find the little stackable crystal candle holders. I couldn't find them. So I asked a store employee to help me. They don't have them! I asked where I might find them. She said she didn't know....had never seen them anywhere! **AARRGGHH** So I went one block down the street to Michaels, then to Walmart, then to Target, then to Pier 1. Nobody had anything even close that I could use!

While I was in Michaels, the girls reminded me that we needed some more dollhouse bottles and palm trees for our Christmas projects. Oh yeah! Let's get those while we're here! Nope, they don't carry those anymore. So we went back to Hobby Lobby so that we could at least get those to work on next month. Hobby Lobby no longer carries the miniatures that we needed.

I think for Christmas we will go to the dollar store and buy something ready-made from China or Taiwan. For my craft get-together, maybe I'll just bring everybody a bottle of water with a pretty ribbon tied on it. But I bet I can't do that either. All the stores will stop carrying bottled water and ribbon before I can get there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com