My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Monday, June 25, 2007

My Latest Adventures

I'm finishing off the last sealant coats on the countertops. I'll apply the very last one on Friday. Then the countertops can sit and cure for a week without being bothered with spills and splatters while the girls are away. Even with teenagers, it's next to impossible to find a few hours when the countertops are without risk of teen abuse!

Now that I'm nearly finished with the counters, I have my sights set on the backdrop behind the stove/oven. I'm thinking that the Tuscan Red brick would be nice back there. DH nearly had a coronary when I mentioned the color red in the same sentence as the word kitchen. I tried to explain that it's not a "true red" but more of a brownish-wine color. But he continued to panic much in the same manner as he did when I mentioned the wine colored couch I had my eyes on. I don't know what it is about that man and the color red!?!

I picked out some stones and made a pattern on paper for what I want to put down on the floor in the entryway, in front of the door. I also want to pull out the carpet on the stairs....or at least the carpet on the risers of the stairs. I sat down this weekend with my handy PSP program and drafted out a scrolled design for some decorative stair riser covers that I want DH to cut for me. I thought about buying them from this company but the cost of doing just the entryway stairs would be bankrupting since the stairwell is 52" wide and would need special cuts for the stairs going around the corner. In other words, all specially cut :(

So I'd rather just do it ourselves, cutting a scrolled design from the center and backing that with a rusty variegated copper color. I haven't decided if I want plain wood on the steps themselves yet. But I'm leaning more towards the individual rug runners with some copper colors with green in them. (I know, more "red" again! ~sigh~)

I also worked on a new scrapbook kit this weekend. I need to scrap DH's promotion ceremony pictures and decided that I'd just make a kit to use on all his fire department pictures, articles, etc. Especially with Katelyn wanting to be a paramedic, I'm sure I'll find multiple uses for such a kit! I have the elements done; that was the easy part! But now it's a matter of background papers....that's the challenging part. I have a couple of blues and golds done. But I'm still not satisfied with them overall. I'll try to post a preview of what I have done so far tonight when I get home.

But for now, it's off to work again. Hope y'all had a great weekend! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com