My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bannisters, Upcoming Freebies, & Fathers Day

I finally figured out what I could do with the bannisters coming up the entryway stairs. I added an inlay design that looks like brown marble, made from scraps left over from the kitchen countertops. It's looking much better. I'll try to post a picture this weekend :)

I've also been working on a Patriotic mini scrapkit between coats of the polycrylic. I'll be posting those this weekend also.

Father's Day is always a challenge for us. DH gives no hints of things he might like that is at the same time doable for us. I think that's why he does it! He'll only give very vague hints, like this one:
"Well, I'd like to have that one camera, can't remember the model number, but it has to be that specific one, and only if it has the blah, blah lens with the such and such attachment that will only work with the this & that software." See what I mean?!?

We always make him special pictures for his locker at work or a Daddy scrapbook or something along those lines, with a gift card to Home Depot, his favorite shopping locale. But this year we've done something different. Instead of giving him pictures to post in his locker, we posted HIS picture for the rest of the world to see. Using Mrs. Miles Superhero Kit, we made a scrapbook page. Then the girls wrote a nomination for a local radio station's Heroes list and submitted both. So far, DH hasn't seen it nor did he hear it on the radio since he's the only one in the house who won't listen to country music. BUT, some of the other guys at the station have seen it and are teasing him about being "bigger than Superman" and calling him Superhero. The girls, too, have started throwing in comments about Superman and Heroes from time to time. He still doesn't have a clue! So we've decided to print the radio station's webpage on Father's Day and put it on his dinner plate! I'll try to post a copy of the nomination letter later; it's really sweet.

Hope y'all have a great weekend :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com