My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Monday, June 04, 2007

OK, NOW I'm aggravated!

Putting this Paper Illusions onto a countertop is fairly easy, even over the corners and curves of the counter. But then I had the bright idea to make all the stair bannisters granite instead of the previously bright, dirty white. The bannisters themselves aren't too complicated and are coming along quite nicely. But at the top of the stairs, there is a giant orb finial, similar to this that must match the bannisters. I've worked on this thing off and on for 2 days now and still can't get it done! Because of all the curves, I have to tear the paper into tiny little pieces so that they lie down smoothly. And just about the time I think I've got it, I hit a square corner or connection between the round and the square parts, and paper starts popping up!

On the bannisters, where the paper wraps around the sides, I've just been laying a book on top of the bannister for about 30 minutes, and VOILA, everything sticks nice and snug. But I haven't found anything that will work on a round top! And standing there holding the darn thing between every little piece of paper about the size of a dime is really getting old!

I started on it again after work today and had this bright idea to attach those thick, fat rubber bands around it to hold the wet paper. Looked like it would work. Seemed to be working. But then poor Bubba (our black lab) went running through the hall, hit the orb with his tail. Rubber bands and paper went flying down the hall, making a huge mess and traumatizing the poor dog who will now probably need a doggie psychiatrist for his PTSD!

I'm ready to pull the darned thing out of the base and hurl it through the bay window that I want to replace this summer! Why not kill two birds with one stone, as the old saying goes?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com