My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Ballad of Little Joe (Part 2)

On the way home from work Wed night, I was talking to DH on the phone, complaining that I won't be able to sleep at all that night knowing that "Joe" is in the house. DH told me that was silly cuz "that thing isn't going to get in the bed...you'll be fine."

So I came home, went into my bedroom to put my purse and coat down, and guess what?!?! I kid you not, that danged thing was ON MY BED!!!! I picked up the yard stick (only thing I could find at the moment) and started screaming and swinging. It FLEW from my bed to my dresser then off from there into my craft room. It's a danged flying squirrel!!!! And he's now in my craft room!!!! So determined to get this thing before Katelyn gets home from youth group, I brought Bubba in here and put him in the craft room. He ran back out and stood outside the door just barking, but won't go in there! Now what the heck kinda lab guard dog is that?!?!?

There's a guy in town who guarantees he can catch it. But he wants $1000 to do so. For the animal activists out there, I'm sorry. But I just can't swing $1000 to be humane. And I can't deal with a flying squirrel house guest. So I put giant glue traps and bait all through the house.

Katelyn came home from youth group and immediately inquired about Little Joe. I told her where I had last seen him; and she went running off towards my room to check. I warned her "Don't go running in there; I have traps set up along the walls and doorways." Her imfamous ever-repeated favorite last words before entering my room were "Mom, I KNOW what I'm doing!" As she finished her sentence, I heard silence. Then I heard, "ARRRGGGGHHHH!!! WHAT IS THIS?!? MOM!!!"

I wish I had a picture! I came around the corner and saw Katelyn with her foot up in the air, shaking frantically, trying to remove a glue trap from her favorite high top converses. She certainly looked like she knew what she was doing! *LOL* I told her the box said that glue had an anesthetic on it. So I don't understand why her foot was so hyper while attached to that glue trap!?! *EG* Hey, and those glue traps work really well! We had to remove her shoe from her foot and take it outside, still attached to that glue strip. I'll have to do some thinking about how to detach it because it's NOT pulling off.

My BIL came over to see if he could catch Little Joe. Then we couldn't find it at all. My craft room was torn apart, things everywhere, and still a lose squirrel!

By 10pm we still had not got him yet. I was afraid to open a window, afraid his family will come in to join him. DH and BIL both told me they were nocturnal too. So I left a light on next to my bed AND left the TV on in my room....just in case!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com