My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Ballad of Little Joe

Wednesday morning was NOT been a good morning for me. DH went to work around 5am. I THOUGHT I'd get something done that morning with him gone. BUT I had a true test of my BP and heart function that morning while sitting in the bathroom. A squirrel came running in under the bathroom door and then tried to give me an MI while scurring back and forth between the toilet and the tub wall, while I attempted to get up off the toilet with my legs and feet up in the air, trying to prevent touching the floor.

Then Katelyn, hearing my screams came running up the stairs and flung open the bathroom door just in time to let the thing scurry through the house. Then she spent the next 20 mins trying to catch the little varmit that she has now named "Little Joe." I waited for someone from the extension office to get here to help me determine how to get this thing out of the house. Then I planned to go have one of the nurses at work check my BP!

I had a miserable time trying to get Katelyn off to school. She kept whining and begging, "PLEASE MOM, don't hurt little Joe. He came here because he wants to live with us! I'll catch him, you'll see! And I'll make sure he never gets in the bathroom again. Just don't let the extension guy kill him. He's just a baby! Please Mom, let me keep him!" **AARRGGHH**

The extension office was not much help. I got the typical educational lecture about how he might have gotten in along with a suggestion to set "safe" traps for him. I'd have to go to the hardware store on the way home from work to buy some.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Senati I am so glad you got rid
of your unwanted pest.
But there is never a dull moment
at your house.LOL

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com