My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Ballad of Little Joe (Part 3)

Thursday AM: Nothing in any of the traps this morning :( DH came home with 2 cage traps and has them set up in the house. So far, "Joe" isn't biting at my bait nor DHs. But DH said he was home all day today and doesn't know where he is. He said he only saw him once....that was on my desk for a brief moment before he flew off again.I'm really hoping DH is just pulling my chain with this! If not, I'm not gonna sleep again tonight! I'm just glad I am going to work today!

Thursday PM: Well, he has caused more chaos and still managed to escape us! He was just in Codah's room. When she turned on the light, he jumped/flew from her canopy ledge (holding all her glass angels), knocking off 4 angels, breaking 2 of them beyond repair, then shot across her dresser, knocking her jewelry box (which primarily holds a few pairs of earrings and all her beaded bracelets and leftover stray bead stash) off onto the floor. Codah just tearily informed Katelyn (in a rather loud tone) that SHE will catch that squirrel, "give it a swirley" and then flush it down the toilet because she has "had it with that stupid fuzzy rodent!"

From Codah's room, it went down the hall, which means it's now in either Katelyn's bedroom or the bathroom. Either way, we'll see how tolerant Katelyn is when something of hers is affected by "cute little Joe." Katelyn's was down there with DH looking for it so she can save it from Codah's wrath. ~sigh~

Friday AM: No signs of any activity around any of the traps. We still have glue strips throughout the house, along with bait nuts and two "safe" traps.
I'm losing all patience! The girls want to finish decorating the house tonight. But I really don't want to chance that Little Joe will wreak havoc on our tree, my lanterns or my village.

Mom called me on my way to work wanting to know the latest on the Little Joe saga. Then my sister called. Then two girls from work called. I'm living in a soap opera because of an uninvited house guest!

Friday PM: I walk into the house after work and poor Bubba is frantic. He runs down the stairs, bumps me with his nose (doesn't wait to be petted or to hear "pretty boy"....so there's definitely something wrong) then runs back up the stairs to the couch, turns around and repeats all the above about 4 times. DH is in the kitchen when I ask "Hey, did you know that danged squirrel was in here somewhere?" DH tells me that there has been no sign of Little Joe today.
ME: Then why the heck is Bubba acting this way. (Bubba is still frantically running a path into my floors from the couch to the front door)
ME: BUBBA!! STOP! DOWN! (still frantically running back and forth as if I'm mute and invisible)
ME: HONEY! Something is wrong with Bubba! Would you PLEASE get in here and look for that squirrel!?!?!
DH, coming around the corner, using his low you're-gonna-get-it-now tone: BUBBA!!! DOWN NOWWWWWW!!!

Poor Bubba dropped to the floor with his head on the floor, between his front paws with his butt up in the air, looking like a cougar ready to pounce and gave a whiny growl.

DH: BUBBA!!! ALL THE WAY DOWN, NOW!

Bubba rolled his eyes up at DH, kept his butt up in the air, and quickly brought his head up off the floor without moving any other part of his body, then flopped his head back down on the floor with a THUD and then growled again as he repeated his eye roll.

OK, now it doesn't take a rocket scientist nor a dog whisperer to figure out what Bubba is trying say here: Daddy, I heard you! And I'm TRYING to obey; but I'm really desperately TRYING to tell you that you something is wrong in this living room! Why won't you listen to me?!?!

DH got frustrated and put Bubba outside and tried to convince me that if Little Joe was still in the house, he would have been caught in one of the traps by now. DH was sure that our house guest had found his way back outside again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com