My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Ballad of Little Joe (Part 4)

Friday Night: After DH put Bubba outside, I sat down and worked on a couple more rows of my bead skirts. (I use glass seed beads around glass ball ornaments) I left the tray with my beads and ornaments on a TV tray in the living room to eat dinner in the dining room. We were almost finished with the meal, when we heard something fall in the living room.

I jumped up from the table, ran around the corner, fully expecting to initiate a full-blown attack and saw no squirrel. The coasters from the coffee table were on the floor; but I was convinced that the squirrel must have knocked them off. DH sighed and complained that I was spending too much time at work and becoming as paranoid as some of my clients because "...things fall; they were probably too close to the edge of the table; you've got to get over this obsession with that squirrel! He would have been in a trap by now IF he was still in the house!"
ME: Well, if he's NOT in the house, then I guess we need a ghost buster because now the house is haunted?!?!

I took the broom and ran it behind the furniture, under the furniture, and banged it against walls trying to get our squirrel or ghost to come out.

No luck :( Now, DH is going to think I need to visit the State Hospital! **AARRGGHH**

DH went to bed around 10pm so he could get up to work Saturday morning. The girls and I were going to stay up and watch a movie while I was finishing up one of the beaded glass ornies. The girls went downstairs to put on their pajamas. I went to the kitchen to fix some cocoa and again heard "clink, clink, clank" then "clinnnnnnnnnnnnk, shatter."

I returned to the living room to find seed beads all over the floor and my half-finished ornie broken on the floor. The girls were still downstairs. DH was in bed. The dog was downstairs with Codah. And no squirrel in sight.
So I guess we have a ghost now?!?

BUT.....
While sweeping up the seed beads and glass, I noticed that I had a few seed beads going up the stairs to the loft. Since the stairs go AROUND the side of living room, I can deduct that flying beads would NOT fly around the corner of the stairs as they fell. And I think I can safely deduct that ghosts can't carry seed beads on their feet. So therefore, I can appropriately deduct that Little Joe must have ran up the stairs and carried some beads on his little feet! Tomorrow, I'll tear apart the loft!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com