My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Update on Little Joe and his insignificance

No signs of the little guy on Sunday and Monday. I had finally convinced myself that he had managed to find his way back outside.
At least until I got home tonight....

I had a rotten day at work today. It's a full moon, I know. But I still will never understand how grown professional adults can be such high maintenance. On days like today I walk out of the building, sit down in my car and just collapse, wondering how in the world I ended up working in a daycare center. I don't know what happened this week, but clients are acting out; and staff are unusually stressed and starting to act out themselves. Nobody seems to be thinking clearly or rationally at this time. And all I want to do is pull out my hair while hiding in a closet somewhere!

I came home tonight, two hours later than I had planned due to the challenge of escaping the building without 10 people stopping me for the perpetual "I need help" request. Then my car decided to react to the cold or the full moon; I haven't decided which yet. Three different lights came on in my dashboard; and my heater is making a horrible rattling noise. I came home drained and exhausted to find my 14 yr old with a low grade fever and sinus infection and the 16 yr old with a severe toothache, both in ugly moods griping at each other about the other one being gripy. I walked into my bedroom, in utter exasperation to put down my purse and coat, turned on the light and heard a shuffle over around my dresser.

Yep, Little Joe is back! And ya know what? I don't even care! He can have my house. He can have the Christmas tree and whatever else he wants to terrorize. He can trash it all! I'll just shovel it all out into the trash and start over again. I'm tired of fighting animals. I'm tired of people who are always fighting. I'm tired of phones, cars and bickering teenagers. I'm tired of bickering with my DH about why I am always late getting home and why I'm always exhausted. Did I mention that I'm just downright TIRED!?! I think I'll go to bed and pray that I wake up with a better attitude tomorrow. I hope so because right now my attitude stinks!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did little Joe get the best of you, you have not updated and I love the on going saga.
Trudy

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com