My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Breeding like rabbits or just a zoo?

I'm beginning to think my front lawn is a breeding ground. We've always had trouble with rabbits; but this is ridiculous! I don't know if the recent cold snap has brought them all out, or if they're trying to celebrate the holidays with us? One night last week, I had to hit my brakes 3 times on the way up the driveway to avoid hitting the little tikes hopping across the drive. Tonight, as I turned the corner around the mailbox, they came hopping out all over the place! And they seemed to hop in rhythm to our Christmas lights. Then as I got up to the deck to park the car I noticed that one of them remained...just wasn't going to give up his dinner I guess? The problem exists in the fact that the darned rabbit was trying to eat my poinsettias around my bird bath. They're fake, not real, just silk!

Then as I got out of my car, I glanced over towards the woods at the side of the house to see why the dog was barking that direction. There stood a deer! DH has gone hunting several times this season and has come back with NIL. This sudden urge came over me to "show him how it's done" so I begged and pleaded with Bubba to stop barking as I ran into the house for my gun. Then I ordered Bubba to stop barking and tried the "all the way down NOW" command. Neither worked. The deer was gone when I got back outside. But I wanted SO BAD to be able to have a deer hanging out back when DH comes home from work in the morning. I can see the disgusted look on his face now! *LOL* But the only sure thing I could get tonight appeared to be a rabbit. I guess I could; but somehow hanging up one of those rabbits just doesn't seem like it would have the same impact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com