My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I'm a single mother & grandmother, a country girl at heart, living in the North Georgia Mountains with two teenagers and my 125# puppy.

Friday, December 08, 2006

I wish someone could tell me

how to raise an adult child?? And tell me what causes a college graduate who in her youth was always a good student, responsible, smart, bright, and beautiful to wake up one day and decide as an adult to completely destroy her life? What makes a beautiful young woman turn into the very type individual whom you would never allow around your other children or trust in your home?

Addiction.

It's an ugly word and an even uglier disease. And it hurts like hell not to be able to do anything to stop it, to know that anything I do only enables and makes it worse. And then to watch her not only destroy herself but then attempt to destroy me and the rest of her family for not "helping" her as she demands, is absolutely more than any parent should ever experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA     Get your own VisualDNA™
Google Groups Subscribe to SenatiCrafts
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com